The government of India is planning to provide subsidies for setting up of Giga Factories for the production of battery packs in India, through Phased Manufacturing Programme (PMP).
Phased Manufacturing Programme (PMP) aims to support and promote clean, connected, shared and sustainable mobility solutions.
The cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved setting up of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage along with creation of the PMP for five years to support setting up of large scale batteries and cell manufacturing Giga plants.
The programme will provide a plan which will send clear signal to the industry to make necessary investments in capacity to localize the value chain.
Venue: Hyatt Regency Hotel, Chennai
Time : 12:00 NOON – 04:00 PM
Date: March 1st, 2019
About the Workshop
The UK delegation comprising many technical and policy experts in electric vehicle charging infrastructure will be in Chennai, as part of a workshop organized by the British Deputy High Commission, Chennai as part of their state-level collaboration on planning and implementing clean energy solutions.
The workshop is aimed at collaborating with state governments and private players for the faster deployment of Electric Vehicles in the state and to undertake a knowledge exchange programme to look at the International best practices with a major thrust on Charging Infrastructure.
The objective of the workshop & networking delegation is to foster new partnership opportunities between Indian and UK companies by setting up knowledge exchange activities on innovative technologies, policies, tools, and applications.
Who can Benefit from this Workshop?
- Top management and strategy professionals from EV charging sector, EV OEMs and component suppliers, batteries, auto, auto ancillary and related sectors
- Established companies keen on diversifying into EV charging sector
- Entrepreneurs, businesses and start-ups keen on benefitting from the EV opportunities
- Investors keen on knowing the latest opportunities in the electric vehicles sector
- Educational institutes interested to have an industrial collaboration on electric vehicle charging
Highlights of the Workshop
- Gain insights from international experts on the latest in EV charging stations
- Network with experts and other stakeholders in the e-mobility ecosystem for partnership opportunities
- Foster relationships for International Collaboration and partnerships for further development of e-mobility sector in India
Experts from UK – 6 EV Charging Companies & 3 Universities
||Keith Budden, Head of Business Development, Cenex, UK
- A consultancy specializing in the delivery of projects, supporting innovation and market development, focused on low carbon vehicles and associated energy infrastructure.
- City-level implementation programmes such as with Nottingham City Council in its pursuit to attain Go Ultra Low stature
||Rasita Chudasama, Principal Transport Planner, Nottingham City Council, UK
- Nottingham was named one of UK’s first Go Ultra Low Cities, awarded GBP 6.1 million by OLEV.
- Various initiatives being undertaken such as Chargepoint project, ULEV lane, electric taxis, along with partnerships with local dealerships to promote consumer awareness
||Charles O’Donoghue, Chief Technology Officer, EV Driver, UK
- Supported by DFID’s Small Grant Scheme, EV Driver provides electric vehicle charging solutions for home, workplace and commercial areas.
- App-based system to provide information on charging infrastructure to EV drivers
||Matthew Morgan, Operations Director & EV Charging Specialist, The Phoenix Works, UK
- Focuses on supply and installation of solar PV systems and electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the UK
||Alistair Clarke, Founder, and CEO, EV Technology, UK
- Technology platform to address issues around access of charging infrastructure, routing of electric vehicles for both private and commercial customers, as well as billing associated challenge with charging infrastructure
||Karthik Durgaprasad, Partnerships & Project Manager, Hubeleon, UK
- Hangar19 develop solutions for smart cities focusing on sustainable transport, environmental monitoring and energy management.
- It has delivered projects that integrate transport, electric vehicle infrastructure and environmental monitoring with new technologies such as cloud-based software & IOT communication networking
||Martin Offiah, CBO, Connected Kerb
- Product provider, systems integrator & consultancy focused on residential EV charging
- Delivered 10,000 docking points for the London Cycle Hire scheme
||Alaisdair Muntz, Programme Engineer, Energy Catapult
- World class systems integrator & technical consultancy on Energy Systems with focus on Renewable Energy – Grid Integration
||Dipankar Chakraborty, Institute Relations Director, University of Birmingham
- EV Battery research and development
- Automotive technology development and scale up
|12:00 NOON – 12:30 PM
|12:30 PM – 01:30 PM
||Networking Lunch – UK delegates and industry stakeholders
|01.30 PM – 01:45 PM
||Introduction and Context Setting
| 01.45 PM – 02:30 PM
||Brief Introduction by UK Experts
| 02.30 PM – 03:30 PM
||Interactive Session between UK Experts & Invited Delegates
|03:30 PM – 04:00 PM
||Tea & Networking
Over 30 Specially Invited Senior Industrial Professionals are expected to participate as
delegates in the Workshop